Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Addiction, discovered.

I hear the first step is admitting you have a problem...


It's unreal how much emotion can be surfaced from the subtle activity of listening to music. One of the albums that repeatedly has a strong effect on me is the Postal Service's Give Up. This is the CD that I predominately listened to when moved out of my parents' house. So many "big changes" happened during this time as if moving out for the first time wasn't enough, my boyfriend (of 3 years) and I broke up. Every time I hear this album, I am reminded of these changes in such a strong way. I get very potent (sometimes painful) bursts of a wide variety of emotions when listening. They're not quite long enough for me to fully marinade but it's just enough. I love it, hate it and want more. It's an addiction and I have a problem.

No comments: